The Community Health Center in Primorje - Gorski Kotar County, Croatia, is actively seeking partnerships for EU4Health and HORIZON projects. The focus is on the exchange of knowledge, connecting health experts, and developing innovative methods in health prevention and treatment.
Established on December 31, 2003, the Community Health Center of Primorje - Gorski Kotar County consolidates nine regional health centers, covering a vast area of 3,582 km². The center operates across 76 facilities, spanning 42,000 m², and serves a diverse demographic across 14 cities, 22 municipalities, and 536 neighborhoods, with a staff strength exceeding 900 professionals.
The Center offers a broad spectrum of primary healthcare services, including:
• Family Medicine
• Dental Medicine
• Patronage Service
• Occupational Medicine
• Laboratory Diagnostics
Additionally, it provides secondary healthcare services such as:
• X-ray Diagnostics
• Internal Medicine, including specializations in Cardiology, Pulmonology, and Endocrinology
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Oral Surgery
• Dental Prosthetics
• Hemodialysis facilities in Rab and Mali Lošinj
• An in-patient clinic with 14 beds in Mali Lošinj
• Five mobile palliative care teams
The Health Center also serves as a practical training and teaching base for the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Health Studies. It's dedicated to improving the quality of life in the County through accessible preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health programs.
The Health Center has carried out a series of EU projects (Interreg, The European Social Fund, The European Regional Development Fund, Horizon2020).
It possesses extensive experience in a range of health-related activities, including:
• Organizing and conducting educational programs on healthy lifestyles and eating habits, along with introducing new treatment approaches in various subject areas such as childhood obesity, smoking cessation, high blood pressure, resuscitation techniques, diabetes management, breast self-examination, hypertension, and health control for young athletes.
• Developing and implementing educational initiatives specifically tailored for vulnerable groups, including elderly individuals facing deprivation, people with disabilities, pregnant women, mothers with young children, and at-risk youth.
• Implementing cross-border demonstrations showcasing the use of telemedicine, facilitated by interregional expert collaboration.
• Organizing hands-on demonstrations for the use of portable ultrasound devices and defibrillators.
• Testing and refining four new cross-border models, aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of institutions and stakeholders within the health sector and related fields in cross-border areas.
• Conducting specialized doctoral training programs.
• Organizing courses focused on pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Planning and hosting conferences, meetings, training sessions, and study visits tailored for our medical professionals.
The Health Center is fully equipped to ensure the effective implementation of various projects. It possesses the capability to select and dispatch participants from Croatia for all project-related events, educational programs, research activities, and dissemination actions. Additionally, the facility is adept at hosting events related to health, physical activity, and active living. The Center is committed to developing, implementing, and evaluating innovative curricula and educational programs, specifically tailored to meet the diverse needs of various target groups.
Currently, the Health Center is actively seeking partnerships for EU4Health and HORIZON EUROPE projects. Its interests are particularly focused on critical areas such as cancer prevention, mental health care, post-COVID recovery programs, telemedicine, and advancing the digital transformation of healthcare services.
Furthermore, the Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality control and development systems within the healthcare sector. Its goal is to contribute to significant advancements in healthcare standards and practices.